Sunday 2 August 2015

New poem about osteoporosis

Slipping Out
I didn’t know it’d be like this,
Her breath cut in half,
The slowly collapsing
Basket of her ribs
So undramatically removing
Itself from her life.
“Silence is golden,” her mother said, “Girls should be seen and not heard.” Well, there’s no silence now in that grinding struggle, just breathe! breathe! Sipping air in teaspoonfulls past the slithering mass of stomach, it should not be here in the chest, it sneaked in slowly through the hiatus, stealthily like a tumour, weighting the lung, cozying up to the heart. It’s almost beautiful, that mayfly wing transparency of her spine on the X-ray, vanishing quietly from her.
All those years of holding her words,
Swallowing anger and pain,
The words tail-backing in her throat,
Bracing herself not to let them tumble out.
She’s free, now, to say them.

And sometimes I hear the never-spoken truths
Slipping from her,
Fluttering upwards
From a chest that’s too small now
To hold them.


2 comments:

  1. I am happy as Dr. Lance sensitive treatment of Osteoporosis using herbal medications touched me deeply.
    I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis, my medical condition was heart broken. The first thing I did was get myself informed. I was subjected to different medications, by my doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a permanent cure. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, I took Fosamax 70 mg once weekly for nine months until I could no longer endure the side effects. I’ve made many lifelong friends when I was looking for a natural cure for my ailment. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. I read a testimony of a lady just like mine and the good news was that after using herbal medicine she was cured. She shared an e-mail address about the Doctor who treated her using Herbal Medication without complications. I was lucky to have access to Herbal Medicine, and have a pretty normal life now. I am 64years Sure, it has been challenging, and there have been many ups and downs, if you're having Osteoporosis this is not the end of the world don't ever lose hope. I want to tell you that you need to learn to love yourself just the way you are- you are a special person that deserves love. Never never never give up!!!! Contact him on lancejustin54@gmail.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for that. I will share this to Facebook to get that information out.

    ReplyDelete